1984 Study Questions
п»їPart 1, Chapter 1 Concerns and Answers
1 . Once does the new begin?
2 . Where will the novel commence?
3. Refer to the caption on the posters in Winston's building.
four. What is Newspeak?
5. What does a telescreen do?
6. What are the Party's 3 slogans?
several. Name the four Ministries of the government.
8. Precisely what is the purpose of the 2 Minutes Hate?
9. What is thoughtcrime?
twelve. What is the penalty to get thoughtcrime?
Part 1, Section 2 Questions and Answers
1 . What form of talk about has replaced " Mrs. вЂќ?
installment payments on your What video game are the Parsons' children playing?
3. Provide the crime the kids accuse Winston of carrying out. 4. What popular stage show took place that afternoon?
5. What is a " child heroвЂќ?
6. Who also speaks in Winston's wish?
7. What does the speaker in the dream inform Winston?
almost 8. What is the bad news delivered via the telescreen?
9. Winston addresses his diary to whom or to what?
10. Clarify why Winston washes his hands ahead of he comes back to function.. Part you, Chapter a few Questions and Answers
1 . How old was Winston when his mother disappeared?
2 . Precisely what is the only thing Winston remembers regarding his father? 3. What does Winston surmise happened to his parents?
4. Exactly where are Winston's mother and sister in his dream?
five. Who appears in Winston's second wish?
6. Precisely what is Winston muttering as he awakens?
7. Precisely what is Airstrip 1?
8. With whom is Oceania for war?
being unfaithful. What is the Party slogan?
10. Precisely what is Ingsoc?
Component 1, Chapters 4 and 5 Queries and Answers
1 . What is the official phrase for changing records?
2 . What is the primary job of the Ministry of Truth?
three or more. What is " PornosecвЂќ?
some. What is Winston's greatest enjoyment in life?
5. Who is Comrade Ogilvy?
6. What is Syme's current job at the Data Department? Portion 1, Chapter 3 Concerns and Answers 41
7. According to Syme, precisely what is the whole purpose of Newspeak?
almost eight. What does Syme predict may have occurred by simply 2050?
on the lookout for. Tell so why Winston feels Syme can disappear 1 day.
10. Who Winston believe that is subsequent him?
Part 1, Chapters 6 and 7 Questions and Answers
1 . Exactly what does Winston believe is the most deadly danger coming from all? 2 . Precisely what is the unpardonable crime?
3. What is the sole recognized aim of marriage?
some. Why performed Winston call up Katharine the " man soundtrackвЂќ? five. Why does Winston believe a real love affair would be almost unspeakable? 6. What percent of Oceania's human population is comprised of proles? several. What does Winston copy in his journal?
8. What is Winston's resistant that the confessions of Williams, Aaronson, and Rutherford had been lies? 9. What happened to Winston's evidence?
Part you, Chapters 4 and a few Questions and Answers 42
10. Who is Winston writing the diary?
Component 1, Part 8 Queries and Answers
1 . Rather than spending per night at the Community Center, in which does Winston go? installment payments on your What does the Newspeak term " ownlifeвЂќ mean?
3. Following your bombing, exactly what does Winston observe lying on the street? 4. What is the one open public event to which the proles pay attention? your five. What does Winston learn from the old man in the bar?
six. What does Winston buy for Charrington's shop?
7. Precisely what is different regarding the room over Charrington's store? 8. Why does Winston plan to return to the shop?
9. Who seems to be spying in Winston when he leaves Char-rington's shop? 12. What is Winston's current meaning of the phrase " place where there is not a darknessвЂќ? Portion 2, Chapter 1 Inquiries and Answers
1 . Simply how much time has approved since Winston spotted the lady from the Fictional Department outside the junk store?
2 . What conflicting thoughts does Winston feel just before helping the woman? 3. Provide the possible options for the notice.
4. Supply the message on the note.
5. Tell for what reason Winston no longer believes the woman is a great enemy. 6th. Where perform Winston as well as the girl plan to meet?
several. Tell what Winston plus the girl experience in the sq ..
8. When and where will the couple meet once again?
9. What emotion dominates when Party members discover foreigners?
12. What does the girl do right before she leaves?